Comprehensive School Counseling Program
The mission of the VUSD Comprehensive School Counseling program is to provide a data driven, multi-tiered support system that advocates for all students and their diverse and individualized needs.
In collaboration with community members, families, and school staff, the counselors will promote equity, access, and success for all students within the academic, social/emotional, and college and career developmental domains.
Counselors will foster individual students’ growth and provide them with the tools necessary for a successful integration into high school and postsecondary education, with an emphasis on becoming lifelong learners.
Ms. Hayden, our school counselor, offers:
- Classroom Lessons teaching Social Skills, Emotion Regulation, Conflict Resolution/Healthy Frindships, etc. (Tier 1)
- Small Group Counseling (Tier 2)
- Short-Term Individual Counseling (6-8 sessions) (Tier 3)
- Consultation with parents and teachers
- Parent resources (also on Counseling Website)
- Community Resource referrals (including longer term therapy services)
- Schoolwide Programming (Kindness week, Red Ribbon Week, etc.)
To reach Ms. Hayden, email firstname.lastname@example.org.